- Spotlight on Entrepreneurship: THE ENTREPRENEURIAL SCHOOL AWARDS 2017
- TES Awards 2017 - announcement
- 17 schools across Europe win The Entrepreneurial School Awards 2016
- The 2016 Edition of The Entrepreneurial School Awards
- The (first ever!) Entrepreneurial School Awards hosted at European Parliament
- Eleven Schools in Europe Will Receive the Entrepreneurial School Award
TES Awards 2017 - announcement
JA Europe is pleased to announce the 3rd edition of the Entrepreneurial School (TES) Awards 2017.
The Entrepreneurial School Awards is an annual national and European recognition of the outstanding primary and secondary schools championing entrepreneurship education.
The TES Awards 2017 presentation will take place in Tallin, Estonia on November 16 within the Innovation Cluster for Entrepreneurship Education Final Conference - ICEE . The final research of the ICEE Project will be presented at the conference.
- Entrepreneurship education activities include most of the teachers and the students
- The school has a vision and a plan for entrepreneurship education
- There are specific recourses allocated to entrepreneurship education
- The school has actively supported teachers' continuing professional development and training within entrepreneurship education
- How the school includes the local community and business sector in the activities
These criteria follow the objectives of Europe 2020, the EU's growth strategy which aims to enhance creativity and innovation, including entrepreneurship, at all levels of education and training. More particularly, the Awards respond to the new priorities for European cooperation in education and training presented by Commissioners Thyssen and Navracsics on 1 September 2015.
The schools are nominated by national JA organisations in cooperation with their national education authorities and/or Ministries of Education – which means you should set up your „national“ committee for the selection process. Only one school per country can be nominated for the TES Award 2017.
The Entrepreneurial School Awards is not a European competition, rather a celebration event. We will not have one European winner but several national winners.
One representative from selected school will be invited to the event in Tallin to receive the Award and present his school to other teachers.
The best school in each country will be named as “The Entrepreneurial School of the Year” and recognised at European level.
JA Europe led the consortium behind The Entrepreneurial School (TES) - an EU project which over the last 3 years has also produced Europe’s first Virtual Guide to Entrepreneurial Learning targeting teachers. While the EU project has ended, JA Europe continues to provide training and assistance to entrepreneurial teachers across Europe. (http://theentrepreneurialschool.eu)
Teacher Seminar: JA Estonia and Ministry of Education in Estonia would like to invite all the TES participants to the Teachers´ seminar on November 15th held by the
“The Global Economic Education Alliance”, an US based organisation. John Brock PhD, Director of Center for Economic Education and Professor of Economics will present high-quality activity-based pedagogy for teaching economics, financial literacy, and entrepreneurship. Through programs for teachers and other educators, GEEA provides educator-to-educator experiences that support cooperation among people worldwide. There will be no extra charge for the participants.
• By SEPTEMBER 1st – completed nomination to be send by JA national organisation to JA Europe (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• SEPTEMBER – OCTOBER – JA Europe wil follow up with the individual school representatives/JA Organisations on logistics details
• NOVEMBER 16 – TES Awards 2017 ceremony in Tallin, Estonia
Senior Operations Manager JA Europe
tel: +420 602 511 500